CRSP U.S. Equity Indexes offer the following features and benefits:
- New approach to migration called “packeting”
- Emphasis on cost efficiency
- Quarterly reconstitution
- Objective and transparent rule-based methodology
- Breakpoints based on cumulative market capitalization
- Partial weighting
- Investability screens
- Float-adjusted market cap
Emphasis is placed on minimizing unnecessary index turnover while maintaining “style purity.”
The CRSP U.S. Equity Indexes Methodology Guide is reviewed and updated annually in December to reflect any methodology refinements or changes.
Methodology Guide Updated October 2018
The October 2018 refresh of the Methodology Guide is now available. Appendix H on p. 57 of the guide highlights these changes as well as several methodology refinements and clarifications.